Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Returned to sender

New York - London - rural England - London - Mallorca - London - rural France - New York - London - Bansko, Bulgaria - Paris - Wodonga.

After nearly nine months of tripping around the northern hemisphere, I have landed safely back in the great sunburnt flooded/cyclone-ravaged land. Whilst I was away, His Travel Romance packed up our house in Perth in Western Australia, and we are now in the rural city of Wodonga, in Victoria. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing here yet (work? study? executive home assistant to HTR?), but I'll work it out. In the meantime, I have trips to South Australia, Melbourne, and Western Australia planned already - just because I'm back in Oz doesn't mean I wont still get around!

My flight home from London had an afternoon stopover in Perth on Sunday, which gave me the chance to share a few hours with good friends in Kings Park. Apart from the many long hugs, it felt like I'd never left, and I had the best time just sitting under a tree, overlooking the Swan river, and being around some of the best people you will ever meet in your life.

My work husband asked me to list my top three experiences from my travels which, surprisingly, didn't take me too long to come up with.

1. The Binissalem Wine Festival where I got to eat traditional Mallorcian food, share wine with fabulous people, and dance with demons.




2. My burlesque New Years Eve in New York, which I got to share with fabulous friends and HTR.




3. Paris, in general, because it is just so beautiful and romantic.




So, now what? I have a couple of ideas but I really don't know - but that's part of the fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails