Friday, July 8, 2011

Weekend to do list


About a month ago I stumbled across Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project on a blog (which I cannot relocate for the life of me!), which I bought not long after, and started reading last week. It wasn't until after it arrived that I realised it fell into the dreaded 'self help' category but, I have to admit that I'm already loving it. It feels like talking to a friend about your own revelations and half revelations, and realising that someone else out there thinks and feels the same way you do and, better yet, has greater insights into some of those thoughts and feelings!

I've already acknowledged to myself that I will have to read through this book again, this time with pen and paper and/or highlighter, in order to capture and remember everything that I want to, but two things that I am already trying to put into action are to not put off little things that will only take a minute or two (de-cluttering life), and planning fun into my days (being more light hearted). As such, this weekend I have a 'to do' list that tackles both of these things.


  1. Write a post on HTR (check!)
  2. Reply to a friend's email.
  3. Go through one of my new cookbooks and plan some future dinners.
  4. Plan a Dutch and Mexican themed dinner for Monday night to honour a friend that recently passed away - I knew her family was from Holland, but only today discovered that she was actually born in Mexico. I can't attend her funeral, so this is my way to say goodbye to, and celebrate, a wonderful young woman.
  5. Import and edit photos from my day spent walking some of the Hume Hovell track (check!)
  6. Upload my GPS data and provide feedback to the coordinator of the Hume Hovell track so that they can make some improvements for future walkers.
  7. Check out the Hume Murray Farmers Markets, then sit in La Maison, read the paper, and drink coffee.
  8. Get a pedicure.
  9. Work out a new work out routine that fits in with my new job.
  10. Buy some stockings and foundation for work.


... If there was an item #11, it might be to waste many, many minutes playing Cut The Rope, which my good friend Yak recently put me onto...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails