Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Still here

It's not that I've decided not to blog. I haven't decided that, since I'm now home, nothing I write will be of relevance to the reason I started this blog in the first place. I was actually thinking that I would like to keep it going, and that it could evolve into an every day life sort of blog. But, I'm finding that my recent days do not provide me with a lot of fodder for writing. It's not that I consider my life to be boring - I'm actually thoroughly enjoying it (apart from the fact that His Travel Romance is currently away) - but, the reason I am enjoying it is exactly the reason why I have no fodder. I have a routine. It focuses on me and what I want to achieve over the next few months, ie - get a smoking hot body and a smoking hot home! As such, my week days generally go a little something like this:

1. Get up, have breakfast, drive HTR to work by 0730.
2. Come home and do a weights routine/go to the gym and do a cardio session.
3. Take Wallace for a walk.


4. Shower, do some general cleaning around the house, ie put dishes away, do the laundry.
5. Do some 'get a smoking hot home' tasks around the house/run errands/do grocery shopping/research our next holiday/whatever other things come up.
6. Go and pick HTR up from work by 1630.
7. Spend time with HTR, have dinner, watch a movie/talk, go to bed.

So - with this pattern occurring nine times out of ten, or five times out of seven if you want to get really technical, it's no wonder I've been a little quiet. But - I did go to Melbourne last weekend to visit Pony and her family, which was a wonderful break from my house of solitude. Pony is the one who has gotten me onto my 'get a smoking hot body' routine so it's great visiting with her as we're both eating the same things and not eating the same things! I was lucky enough to be staying at her place for a gourmet BBQ feast on Saturday night when they had a few friends over and I had a great time chatting and laughing and sipping my treat glass of red wine whilst gnawing on my treat gourmet BBQ meats and devouring my delicious treat potato salad, the recipe for which was graciously provided by my dear friend Yak... It occurs to me that I seem to have a collection of four-legged human friends covered in hair... For dessert, I also made these bad boys: white chocolate ganache sandwiched between two chocolate biscuits, served with whipped cream and berries.


And, if that's not exciting enough, next week I'm off to Perth for Hullabaloo and my 30th birthday!! And I promise - I will come back and tell you all about that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails