Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wafer bake

About a kazillion years ago, or possibly roughly two months ago, I made some delicious choc-studded honey wafers for HTR. I took photos of them, and then my camera battery went flat before I could get the photos onto my MacBook, and it was then that I realised my camera battery charger was in all likelihood, still in Paris.

Oops.

So today, my new battery charger arrived from Hong Kong! Huzzah! So here are the photos of the lovely choc-studded honey wafers.




And if you would like to make them, you'll need to do the following:

Obtain...

50g of butter, and chop it
2 tablespoons of honey
60g of brown sugar
50g of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
2 egg whites
1/2 cup blanched almonds, and roast them and chop them
1/2 cup dark chocolate, and chop it

Then...

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.

Heat the butter and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted.

Place your sugar, flour, vanilla, and egg whites into a bowl and whisk in the butter mixture until it's all lovely and smooth.

Place two teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto a backing tray lined with baking paper, which you may have to (as I did) spray half to death with cooking spray, and then spread the mixture out to be around 10cm in diameter. Sprinkle the mixture with nuts and chocolate, and then bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.

Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails