Saturday, October 30, 2010

A perfect breakfast and a bit of dosh

On Monday I started a new health regime/detox eating plan (spot the girl who hates the word "diet") to kick myself into the realm of health and fitness after those five food-filled weeks in Mallorca. My breakfasts have been a definite highlight of this new eating plan as I've stumbled upon a brilliant fruit salad combination! Try banana, apple, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, toasted seeds, orange, and mint with lemon juice squeezed over the top - divine!



Today is day six and whilst I'm not craving anything that I can't have (dairy, grains, alcohol, caffeine) I can't say that I've noticed a remarkable difference in my energy levels or general feeling of well being. If anything, I've probably been a little tired but I don't blame that on my food, I blame it on the two shifts at Top Shop earlier in the week and my resulting sore leg, along with the continuous struggle to get some work.

I was put forward for a 3-6 month role earlier in the week which would have been perfect for me and which I could have done easily with one eye closed and a hand tied behind my back whilst wearing a pink bunny suit, however the company hiring decided they didn't want to go with an Aussie candidate purely because we Aussies get scared of winter over here and turn tail and head for home... This makes me a little sad - not only because I didn't get the job despite my skill set being a perfect match for it, but also because I therefore assume that within a few months, I will be the only Aussie left in London! Who will I be able to borrow vegemite from in December??

Luckily however, one of my flatmates works at a doctor's surgery that need an admin person for one, possibly two weeks starting Monday, and the lovely Stacey thought of me! As such, I have a whole week of office work lined up for this coming week, with the distinct possibility that it will evolve into two weeks - TBC later next week. Huzzah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails