Sunday, May 16, 2010

Awesome

A few days ago Lady Smaggle posted about her awesomeness. I thought that this was such a brilliant idea that her post has been sitting open in a tab in my browser for the last few days, waiting until I had time to post three things that are awesome about me! So, after a late night playing games (guitar hero, backgammon, monopoly, and battle of the sexes), and a lazy sleep in until 10:30am (it's now midday and I may or may not still be in bed), here's what is awesome about me:

1 - I make things happen.
This may sound fairly simple out of context, but what I mean is that I don't just say I'm going to do something, or that something sounds like it would be fun, and then leave it at that - I actually do it. This is not really a self observation - a good friend of mine told me some time ago that it is this characteristic in particular that his partner really loves about me, because so many people he knows don't actually follow through. I don't just say we should have a winter wonderland dinner party and my house - I cut out the hundred or so snowflakes and birds from paper and I make it happen. I don't just say that white water rafting in Bali dressed up as a bumblebee sounds fun - I go to Bali, dress up as a bumblebee, and I do it! I don't just say 'we should do this or that or whatever'... I make it happen! Life's too short to not follow through on ideas that sound like fun.


2 - I give.
For as long as I can remember I have involved myself in giving or participating in charity fundraisers, and also giving blood. When I was a kid I participated in Jump Rope For Heart and the MS Read-a-Thon religiously. When I got a bit older I participated in several 40 hour famines, and when I started earning pocket money, I convinced my brother to sponsor a child with me through World Vision. In recent years I helped to raise over $5,000 for the Leukaemia Foundation by shaving my head for the World's Greatest Shave, and I also raised over $7,000 for the Childhood Cancer Association by cycling approximately 800km from Melbourne to Adelaide.



3 - I combine being a princess, with being a tomboy.
Anyone who meets me when I'm out for dinner, or generally in polite society, would take it that I am a very girly girl. I like to dress femininely, I am well mannered and soft spoken, and at first, a little shy. I enjoy jazz music and knitting and reading and cooking and drinking good wine and cups of tea. However, I also like to shoot guns, rock climb, drive trucks, and I am very competitive (when I know I'm in with a chance). I can change a tyre (a truck tyre if needs be), I can lift heavy things, and I am just at ease in the company of guys as I am with gals.

What are three things that are awesome about you?

1 comment:

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails