Thursday, May 20, 2010

Filling Up

A funny thing starts happening to a girl's diary when she only has about a month left in a city... the pages start filling with last dinners and dates, and all of those things you always meant to do but never have. Before you know it, you really can't fit another thing in, or spare another second! Well, I'm not quite at that point yet, but it's getting very close!

Today I booked tickets for four of us to go to Sex & The City 2 in Gold Class! We decided on a Monday night to give us something to look forward to on a Monday. I can't wait! Although, it's not for another couple of weeks yet...



I also booked myself and a friend in for a tour of the Fremantle Prison Tunnels! Double M and I have been saying we will do this tour for at least the last year, and we finally found the motivation we needed! The tour will be followed by a lovely dinner date somewhere in Fremantle, but we haven't decided on that part yet.

Tomorrow night His Travel Romance and I will be dining at Hippo Creek - our favourite 'come and be completely carnivorous' place in Perth! This was his special request, and I was happy to make the booking. Saturday morning is breakfast at The Greenhouse, which has been on my 'to do' list for a good six months, especially after I saw Liz's review! Saturday night we have dinner at L&D's and on Sunday night Annie's kitty-sitter will be coming over to meet her fluffy little charge, and we shall have a dinner party for seven (plus the fluff-chop)! As I'm off to London, I thought it only fitting that the theme be English Nosh, so my thoughts at this stage are for gourmet bangers and mash, followed by roast rosemary chicken served with minted peas and Yorkshire puddings with gravy, with scrummy bread and butter pudding with custard and cream for dessert! Mmmm.

Meanwhile, the sale of my apartment is almost complete with settlement being next week, I've organised to roll over my super into one superfund before I leave, I have a form to complete to ensure my electorate is aware I will be out of the country come the election later this year, and I'm almost ready to give my brother Power of Attorney so that he can handle anything for me whilst I'm away. My mail will be redirected and my mobile disconnected before I leave, I shall stock up on cat food and kitty litter for Annie and her kitty-sitter, and in amongst all of this, I will make sure I finally drink that bottle of Moet His Travel Romance gave me a year ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails