Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Last Weekend Before The Last Weekend

This weekend is the last weekend I have here in Perth, before my last weekend in Perth. With me?

I decided to get in a little tourist practice so, after dropping the ever lovely Yak off at the airpot this morning, after her keeping me company and looking after me for the last few days*...


... I decided to go and explore the beautiful buildings and grounds of the University of Western Australia. Having driven past this delightful place a thousand or more times, and having always wanted to go in and look around, and with time to kill before my afternoon's activities, I finally made it through the front gates. I'm so glad I did.











"Verily by beauty it is that we come at wisdom" - what a fabulous line to remember whilst traveling around Europe.

* Yak and I had an absolutely lovely visit... We are both nanna's you see, and so spent a great deal of time curled up on the couch together, in our trackies and hoodies, drinking red wine and watching movies. It was lovely. The problem is, we never take photos of ourselves. For being such good friends, we have surprisingly few photos of us together. Apart from Yak's wedding photos, I can actually only think of one photo we have of the two of us. This makes story-telling on a blog quite hard because blogs are about being visual and this is mostly why I have avoided talking about the last few days but, for the record, Yak looked after me like a little mother-hen, gave me lots of love, cooked me some amazing meals, and gave me cuddles at all the right moments. I love my Yak, and I can't wait to see her again in a week and a half's time.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails