Monday, August 23, 2010

A weekend in Cornwall in three parts... Part One!

On Friday night I had an absolutely brilliant night at the Minack Theatre in Porthcurno! The entire outdoor theatre is carved out of stone and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean in all it's glory. Quite easily the most spectacular stage I have ever seen (Mr Best, you would die!). Rowena Cade built the theatre herself, with some help, over many winters, so that arts lovers could see live performances in a most spectacular setting.



One pound hires you a cushioned chair with backrest that makes the stone seats comfortable, and the smell of Cornish pasties and coffee fills the air, mingling with the sea mist and the sounds of gulls patrolling the cliff face below.



Gortex, gum boots, my hip flask, and a huge, folded over blanket ensured a warm, dry, and comfortable performance on my part, and I could not more highly recommend seeing a show, any show, at this theatre. Just being there made me want to flail my arms and run around in dramatic grandeur!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails