Monday, August 30, 2010

Melons

The thing with traveling is that it seems to magnify everything. The highs are ecstatically brilliant, but the lows seem to hit just that little bit harder.

It's been a rough week or so, with bad news winging it's way to me on tarred feathers, leaving dark, smeary blemishes on my doorstep. I have been struggling a little with the news of not one, but two family members being hospitalised recently, and although I have been told they are both fine, I cannot help but worry about them and mourn the fact that I cannot see them in person, or touch them to know they are real and warm and ok.

Compounding the issue is the fact that I cannot talk to those I feel closest to, those I would normally confide in, because none of them are close to me at the moment. So, I'm feeling a little disconnected, and a little lost, and a little alone.


His Travel Romance tells me that I need to tell people how I am feeling, so that they know, and so they can respond. I have a problem with this because it's not about me, and I feel selfish by feeling sad because I'm not the one that was, or is, in hospital. But, in case he's right, just this once, this is how I'm feeling, so if you'd like to email me to say hi and tell me about your boringly amazing and normal day, to let me in and let me feel a connection with you, well, that would be nice. I'd appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails