Monday, January 18, 2010

Anywhere But Here

It's a hot 41 degrees today, and I think that the world is feeling lazy as a result... Or at least my world is. Work is slow, and I find myself thinking about the things I would rather be doing right now...

- baking voluptuous muffins spilling over with fresh berries, and dusting them with icing sugar as they cool

- searching through second-hand shops for an eclectic collection of vintage vases

Photo by Jessica Claire

- wandering around a cottage garden, wearing a flowery, flowing frock, and filling a cane basket with beautiful roses and handfuls of lavender

- floating on a li-lo in calm waters at a sheltered, sandy beach

- laying on a blanket under a tree in a lush, green park, reading my book and lazily kicking my legs behind me

- dancing the blues with strong lead


- swanning around a winery in my sun hat, drinking a crisp white and discussing vintages and other such intelligent things (which I will magically know) with the winemaker

 
Chateau Elan Winery in Atlanta

Bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails