Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vintage Lovlies

Earlier this week, my Assistant Director of Operation Save As Much Money As Possible (Op OSAMMAP) severely reprimanded me for my accidental purchase of three lovely vintage dresses from Beta Boutique, which I found via a certain little Gypsy (whom I blame completely by the way)...



I just love the colours in this gorgeous afternoon dress from the 50's. I think that wherever I wear this little lovely, I shall be fluid and graceful, and with my hair pinned up with wisps dancing around my face, and with warming tights and a cardigan, and some beautiful creamy boots, I shall look cool, yet warm on the autumnal streets of London, and people shall whisper, "who is that lovely girl who channels Zooey Deschanel?"


If I ever have enough of the 50's, I can then move on into the 70's, with this lovely white and tan, rose printed, skirt pleated lovely...


It doesn't look like something so special from further back, but if you come a little closer, dear friends, you will see what it was about this dress that reached out and stole my paypal login details...


I think the floral pattern on this dress is just divine, and with the subtle colours, it will do very nicely for those days when I feel like staying neutral. And, with warming tights and a cardigan, and some beautiful creamy boots, I shall look vintagey-warm on the autumnal streets of London, and people shall whisper, "who is that lovely girl who channels cinnamon chai lattes?"

Finally, we reach the 80's, with a dress with a story.


Beta tells me that in 1986 her Godmother managed to get herself from the USSR to the German Democratic Republic and, if that wasn't feat enough, she then managed to buy herself this very, very dark navy blue dress.


If that story wasn't enough to get me into these layers, the fact that the dress is dark navy (a current absolute favourite of mine that I've been finding very hard to find lately) sealed the deal. I just have images of this dress with a fabulous red belt cinched around the waist, and quite possibly a pair of warming tights and a cardigan, teemed with a pair of beautiful creamy boots. I shall look boho-warm on the autumnal streets of London, and people shall whisper, "who is that lovely girl who channels truth, beauty, freedom, and love?"

1 comment:

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails