Friday, July 30, 2010

From Perth to London

This week has been rather lovely so far. Not only did I manage to score a whole four day's worth of work (at Top Shop, in the fraud prevention department - mind you it's not all that exciting - I'm doing receipts reconciliation and the most exciting part of my placement was when Jordan was spotted in the store... My response was to keep working on the receipts!), I got to have dinner with a friend from Perth!

Keryna was on the tail end of an extensive, "I've got long service leave and I'm using it!" European trip with her man-friend Matt, so we decided to celebrate our both being on the other side of the world by eating at a little French restaurant in Earls Court called The Little French Restaurant! My big brother had suggested it was the very best value meal in town, and I would have to say I agree - three delicious French courses for 10GBP on the proviso that you have a glass of wine is not a bad deal at all. (Thanks bruv! xx)


The restaurant is gorgeously quaint, and we even had a French waitress - I was impressed. We also got to enjoy a little old(er) couple snuggling and canoodling outside our window for a while... It was actually quite sweet and romantic. Of course, that's based on my imagining they've been married for 60 years and are still madly in love with each other after all this time. In reality, they may have each knocked off their original spouses and met in prison where they married just a few short weeks ago, prior to their release, and are still in the honeymoon phase. You never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Her Other Tales

Related Posts with Thumbnails